4wd long tube exhaust routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

Reaction score
So I have searched and haven't came up with an answer to my question yet. This said here's what Im hoping someone here can help me with. I have a 89 k3500 that I'm basically doing a full restoration on. I have the truck back together and running and now it's time to do the exhaust I have 100% done all the work so far an want to keep it that way. This means doing the exhaust here at home as well. How have you folks ran your exhaust systems with a similar setup? The truck has a turbo400 and np241 case. I'd like to have dual pipes.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I crossed mine over under the trans pan, I made that section easy to remove and wrapped it in head tape. Then ran into a 2 x 2.5" in/ 1 x 3 " out Flowmaster and exited in front of the rear tire.

wasted wages

Reaction score
I crossed mine over under the trans pan, I made that section easy to remove and wrapped it in head tape. Then ran into a 2 x 2.5" in/ 1 x 3 " out Flowmaster and exited in front of the rear tire.
I'll try and fit my pipe that way again just to see but, Im almost positive with the headman headers the pipe will hit the pan I'm running.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since pictures are worth a thousand words...
You must be registered for see images attach

wasted wages

Reaction score
Since pictures are worth a thousand words...

Looking at those pics actually helps me a ton. Im 95% positive I have enough exhaust pieces to build a crossover like that and clear my pan now that I think about it.