Bench seat alternative's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a base model 95 rcsb Cheyenne and just about got the exterior thing wrapped up. The interior is super clean but the seat has a couple tears in it and will need addressed. My plan is to paint/dye my grey door panels black, a compass and temp rear view mirror and do something about the seat. Years before I ended up with 3 daughters the only option would be a set of buckets. But being a dad I have to stick with a bench. What are some nearly bolt in options? I used to have a 92 caddy and that bench seat was classy and comfortable, would that work? What have others done for a bench seat? I'll go to the bone yard asap and pick that up with my mirror. Any pics and info will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I like these. Hard to find around here, though. I GAVE this one away, 'cause at the time it was in my way! DOH!

You must be registered for see images attach

From an '88. The '89/'90's had headrests. That little armrest makes long drives so much nicer. Would love to find another. Any color!

Reaction score
Good idea sewlow I like that seat! I know there is some more out there with a cool bench. A bunch of us dad's who have to be able to give the minions a ride when mom ain't home lol.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The silverado level 60/40 benches from 95+ are really comfortable as well. I like mine much better than the buckets that were in it...

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same as bluex. Took out my buckets and console in the burban and found a 95+ 60/40 split bench. It was still power so it plugged right righ. I had to drill two holes where the console used to sit. But if you pull up the carpet it should be dimpled. Lot more comfy than the buckets.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mine is a 95 with the basic bench not split. The seat is nice minus the tear on the driver side from people getting in and out. I never even drove the truck yet so I don't know how The seat rides lol. As soon as I bought it I tore it down, hasn't left my car port out back.

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was originally looking for the one like sewlow posted but couldn't pass this one up. Just wish it was tan. The arm rest/console flips up for the center seat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like these. Hard to find around here, though. I GAVE this one away, 'cause at the time it was in my way! DOH!

From an '88. The '89/'90's had headrests. That little armrest makes long drives so much nicer. Would love to find another. Any color!

We put one of those in our 89, nice seat.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score

I'm gonna have to start paying closer attention to the seats in the trucks at the junkyard now. Never knew these existed. I'd love to have the armrest on my bench seat.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score

Been looking for a seat like that n blue for a while now. They are always trashed in the yards around here.