1990 Silverado bench seat cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a single cab long box Silverado badged 90 c1500, I just took the seat out and was trying to remove the cloth cover for where you would sit on to clean up better and maybe replace, the cloth appears to be glued to the foam. Is there a way to take it off? Or just replace the whole seat? Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it's the "stripey" Silverado-level fabric, yes, it's glued. :( No way to pull it that I know of without destroying it, and the fabric is pretty much not obtainable except for a few upholstery shops that have stashed a roll here and there many years ago. Re-doing one of the seats that uses that fabric is definitely not a DIY job.

Richard

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so I would be better off buying a new seat cushion and fabric? Im
Not too worried about keeping the stripy fabric type stuff, it’s cool and all but not nessacary to me. Just try to find a good used seat?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And what style of seat would bolt right into the bench style mounting? Would a newer 90’s fit?
If yours is a straight bench (not a split) with just the 4 mounting bolts, a straight bench from any year GMT400 will bolt right in, and this includes rear seats from crew cabs - which are sometimes easier to find in good shape as they get less use.

Richard

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, sounds good mine is the straight bench so I’ll be looking out for some stuff like that then, thanks!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and this includes rear seats from crew cabs - which are sometimes easier to find in good shape as they get less use.

Richard
Good tip! I've been looking to replace the buckets someone put in Smoky with a bench like it originally had. Do the backs of the rear CC seats flip forward?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good tip! I've been looking to replace the buckets someone put in Smoky with a bench like it originally had. Do the backs of the rear CC seats flip forward?
Good question. Never paid attention! I've always felt they're literally the same setup as a front seat from a regular cab, so I don't know if I would bet on them having a folding back.

Richard

gchavonne

Reaction score
If it's the "stripey" Silverado-level fabric, yes, it's glued. :( No way to pull it that I know of without destroying it, and the fabric is pretty much not obtainable except for a few upholstery shops that have stashed a roll here and there many years ago. Re-doing one of the seats that uses that fabric is definitely not a DIY job.

Richard
Are you aware of any such upholstery shops? I’m working on a full restoration and I’ve got the door panel fabric.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes they do! It's a split back bench if that makes sense, the passenger or driver's side moves with the flipper lever on the base near the seat belt. The one in Rawhide has a folding center armrest similar to the front seat. Now he is a Silverado, so most of the CC's are probably Cheyenne and Scottsdale, so they may have a more standard bench in back, that's vinyl upholstery instead of the cloth velour like my truck has.