Barn door electrical contacts rebuild or replacement part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilo_whiskey

Reaction score
Also check your gaps on your door. See how close the glass is to the pillar. If its bent or in a bind when shut I could see it mushrooming the contacts

Everything appears to be where it should. Nothing loose, no rattles, no air or rain getting through.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything appears to be where it should. Nothing loose, no rattles, no air or rain getting through.

That's good. In that case it's been a long time since I've takin one apart. It is doable. Btw I belive top post or second post is dome light. On the passenger side. We had one takin apart from the dealer long time ago that's how I know. Take your time when you piece it out. I'm sure the plastic brittle. I think theres just the post, spring, housing and the contact terminal.

kilo_whiskey

Reaction score
That's good. In that case it's been a long time since I've takin one apart. It is doable. Btw I belive top post or second post is dome light. On the passenger side. We had one takin apart from the dealer long time ago that's how I know. Take your time when you piece it out. I'm sure the plastic brittle. I think theres just the post, spring, housing and the contact terminal.

Good to know, thanks. I did test the contacts earlier due to my rear defrost not working on the passenger side, top 2 are for defrost, 3&4 are for the door lock, #5 is the dome light. Trucks a 99.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks. I did test the contacts earlier due to my rear defrost not working on the passenger side, top 2 are for defrost, 3&4 are for the door lock, #5 is the dome light. Trucks a 99.

Awesome. I thought it was the other way around lol. Well good luck with it and hopefully everything works out