Bad tranny?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradster68

Reaction score
1994 k1500 4x4 silverado. Had 1stand2nd gear now have none. Is there a cable on these tannins or linkage issues

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what info you posted sounds like 3rd/4th clutch pack was already gone since you said you only had 1&2 and now the rest of the tranny is probably gone.

Have you checked fluid, what does it look like and how does it smell?

Bradster68

Reaction score
From what info you posted sounds like 3rd/4th clutch pack was already gone since you said you only had 1&2 and now the rest of the tranny is probably gone.

Have you checked fluid, what does it look like and how does it smell?
Fluid looks fine.we just bought truck so guy may have changed to make look good. I figured needed a rebuild. Someone mentioned shifter cable but can't see a cable anywhere. That's why I was curious.
Thanks for your reply.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you lay under the drivers door opening and look at the trans, you will see where the cable attaches.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94 won't have a cable it's metal linkage that attaches on driver side of trans and goes up to column before column goes through firewall