Backfiring issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can see some wetness in there pull the plugs one by one i bet you'll find at least one or two wet with gas and fouled most likely the fuel pressure regulator is gone and thats part of the spider injector so replace with the upgraded mpfi spider since it will have to come apart

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled two plugs what seemed to be a little wet with gas, but they had a spark when the engine started running but not cranking. I'm going to do a fuel pressure and a leak down test tomorrow. And what is this mpfi you speak about?

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay well I will get a code reader on there tomorrow and check the fuel pressure.. What should the fuel pressure be at?

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I'm really limited on funds so if I did this myself, I could save a lot of money by just replacing the fuel pressure regulator.. I don't know what do you guys think

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And if it makes any difference, this problem came on all of a sudden. There were no warnings or anything.. I drove it that morning and it was just fine.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can do the regulator if thats all thats leaking,psi should be 55 to 60 range. and yes it can all of a sudden happen when the spider went on my 97 about 3 yrs ago it was running fine when I first started it, ran out for a while came home shut it off and a few hours later fired it up and the issues started

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can do the regulator if thats all thats leaking,psi should be 55 to 60 range. and yes it can all of a sudden happen when the spider went on my 97 about 3 yrs ago it was running fine when I first started it, ran out for a while came home shut it off and a few hours later fired it up and the issues started

Did you have similar symptoms? And I'm going to check the pcv valve to see if it's stuck closed.. Heard that could cause some backfiring problems