Backfiring issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First mistake was letting my mom drive my truck to work.. Now I get home and it's backfiring like crazy. It seems to only be coming from the drivers side tailpipe (true dual exhaust), so I've narrowed it down to the passenger side of the engine.. I pulled all the plugs and wires and got a spark from all of them.. So now I'm stumped. If you run it for a little bit you can smell the unused gas. There's also a check engine light on but I can't get my hands on a code scanner until tomorrow. Any ideas what this could be?? Thanks for the help guys

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And if it was a spider injector or fuel pressure regulator, wouldn't it backfire through the carb?

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hows your timing? Your distributor? Its cold now so it could be messing with it.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
open the the throttle body to the wide open position and look in with a light if its wet inside its the spider also behind the tb is a twist in vacuum port that has the hose to the brake booster gently twist that out and look in there for wetness

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
this is what it looks like down there right after running it for about 2 minutes