Aux turn signal indicators in back of cowl hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am concidering adding two 1/4" amber auxilliary turn signals inside the back of my cowl hood where the opening faces the windshield. I want to do this for a few reasons. 1 i am always driving along, and forget to shut the signal off because i just cant hear it clicking away most times then i look down at the gages and go oh ****, so its a nice extra indicator when i am driving, and 2 because i remember seeing them in the back of the hood scoops on various muscle cars from back in the day. Had plenty of mopars with em through the ages, and thought they were just plain cool and convienent. Anyhoo, the back of my cowl hood has stamped steel mesh holes in it, 2 of which i can enlarge for a surface mount, or mount these behind the holes. Whatcha think?

Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will do. I have a big list of stuff to do. Going to put in for a weeks vacation later this month. Weather permitting i will be priming and painting the underside of my cowl induction hood so i can put it on. Top side was already sanded and epoxy primered. Have a few other projects i wanted to do too. Will prob post most of it on my build thread.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I like it!

It would be cool to add some more too, like a blue one for the high beams, etc

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found some slightly larger ones with built in arrows on evilbay i like better. Problem is everybody who sells them are sold out.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'67/'68 Mustang. Sealed/Waterproof. Swap in some LED bulbs.
Bit more $$$, but they're designed for the application.

http://www.american-mustang.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_650&products_id=6471

I'd almost want to cut out that metal with the holes & make up a custom mesh insert with provisions for the sigs cut out. Leave about a 3/8" lip all the way around to be able to attach the mesh to. Black silicone works better than screws.

Bunch of different styles of mesh on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/slp/mesh-for-car-grill/edj4gnqb5mma4rp

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like that honeycomb mesh, and have often thought about cutting the back of that cowl hood open, or at least using a unibit and enlarging all the holes a little bit.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I see you're a Mopar guy. I thought the auxiliary turn signal indicators were kind of a neat feature on the old machines, too.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I see you're a Mopar guy. I thought the auxiliary turn signal indicators were kind of a neat feature on the old machines, too.
I used to borrow a, uh, business acquaintance's 70's Dart every now and then. It had the aux indicators at the top/front of the fenders. When I'd mash the pedal real good the driver's side one would magically come on and flicker at increasing frequency to match the "speed" of the car.. it was good for a laugh. :)

Richard