at a loss. replaced MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy Express

Reaction score
I am suspicious of the new Delphi MAF as well. When it comes to sensors on GM vehicles, I like to stick to OEM GM parts whenever possible. I've had issues on other vehicles where brand new aftermarket sensors ended up being the problem.
I ordered a rebuilt AC delco. crossing my fingers here.

Chevy Express

Reaction score
The problem is unplugging the MAF puts the transmission in maximum line pressure.

Shifts are harsh and it's not good the the transmission.

When I get home tonight I'll give you readings from my trucks for the MAF. I don't have a 7.4, but it should get you in the ballpark.
REALLY appreciate that.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did it throw any MAF codes with the delphi sensor? and what was the code number it set with the original MAF?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Delphi is oem for our trucks. Current offerings may not be the same quality since many plants were shut down during their bankruptcy and then company split.....the other portion of the company is Aptiv or something like that.

Chevy Express

Reaction score
Delphi is oem for our trucks. Current offerings may not be the same quality since many plants were shut down during their bankruptcy and then company split.....the other portion of the company is Aptiv or something like that.
thats why i bought it. i will say its completely different, plastic, with a pigtail on it, well another is on the way, from ac delco reman, so hopefully i can figure out which way to go with this.

it seems to love the -18FT, I just don't understand how one is at +25 the other is at -18, and unplugged it runs flawless.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am suspicious its the wrong MAF. GM made one that is 3" and one that is 3.5" that look identical. A 3" maf used where a 3.5" MAF goes will over report the airflow and vice versa. All V8 vans of that era had the 3.5" MAF.

Chevy Express

Reaction score
I am suspicious its the wrong MAF. GM made one that is 3" and one that is 3.5" that look identical. A 3" maf used where a 3.5" MAF goes will over report the airflow and vice versa. All V8 vans of that era had the 3.5" MAF.
how would i determine this? it bolted in fine. what does the 3" refer too? rock auto confirmed the part number for me