at a loss. replaced MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy Express

Reaction score
well i just bought a poor man pico. has to be the wiring to the MAF, I have a feel the scanner just isn't seeing it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
MAF is blended with MAP below 4000 RPM, above that it is exclusively MAF in stock form. I'm actually running both my trucks MAF only with a custom tune and they're way less sensitive to altitude/weather changes. Your issue really sounds like a wiring problem.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MAF is blended with MAP below 4000 RPM, above that it is exclusively MAF in stock form. I'm actually running both my trucks MAF only with a custom tune and they're way less sensitive to altitude/weather changes. Your issue really sounds like a wiring problem.
I guess that depends on what tune you are looking at. GM changed that around a bit depending on year, engine size, etc.

With that setting stock in my 0411, I had a slight dip in AFR right where it transitioned to MAF only at ~4,800 rpm.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I guess that depends on what tune you are looking at. GM changed that around a bit depending on year, engine size, etc.

With that setting stock in my 0411, I had a slight dip in AFR right where it transitioned to MAF only at ~4,800 rpm.

Weird, in my (limited) experience it seems GM chose 4000 as the magical transition point for the blackbox and 512kb 411.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would start with the engine grounds first, make sure they are clean and tight.

One other item that might be worth to check. The PCM filters most of the sensors reference voltage. The crank, cam and MAF sensors are not filtered by the PCM. AC ripple voltage can effect them. There are some TSBs floating around on some vehicles where a failing rectifier diode in the alternator can create symptoms of sensor failure.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weird, in my (limited) experience it seems GM chose 4000 as the magical transition point for the blackbox and 512kb 411.
I have been into LT1s, Black Box both early and late, as well as P01 and P59. It all runs together after a while. But for the most part at WOT under 4,000-5,000 rpm its blended.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try unplugging the O2 sensors and see if it still does it in open loop with the maf plugged in?