Intermittent Power Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emauthen

Reaction score
I have a 1994 C1500, 5.7L with 4L60E and dealing with a gremlin. Most drives the truck starts and runs fine with no issue and what used to be a once in a blue moon issue is starting to happen every 3rd or 4th drive. What happens is the truck has a momentary loss of power, less than a second but enough to jerk me forward a bit. The SES and Brake light will both flash and the speakers will pop and crackle. This seems to happen most often when I am pulling away from a stop, it also really doesn't like it when I am reversing uphill on my driveway, if and when that happens while reversing its not momentary and the truck has a bouncing idle. When the truck is at speed, no issues, runs smooth.

There are no codes. I have checked all grounds and battery connections, nothing is loose. It had Cap/Rotor/Plug/Wires replaced about 12k miles ago. I don't 100% trust the fuel pump and I know the tank has a broken baffle, but I don't see how that would cause the speakers to pop.

Looking for ideas on what system I should be inspecting or any hidden grounds/connections I should check.

emauthen

Reaction score
I checked two ground straps on the passenger side near the firewall, the battery ground, the ground next to the fuel pump fuse, one by the drivers headlight, two grounds on the top of the engine, ground strap for the filler neck. Couldnt find one for the taillights (its a stepside if that helps) and checked one ground under the driver dash. If there are more I can look/clean let me know. I think I am just going to start replacing the straps to see if I can get this to stop.