Hesitation completey at a loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jksconny

Reaction score
Well, with Schurkey on this one, fuel is good, you say sensors good, no vacuum leaks, etc so leaning towards ignition. Proper dist. installation, not 2 or 3 teeth off, no cracked porcelains on plugs, wires not shorting though jackets or boots, the fact that ignition and pick up coils can't be ohms tested and determined good.
Some new replacement stuff only last 2 or so years etc. As per Schurkey, is the advance coming in?.
Would it hesitate hard like that if I was a tooth seeing how it idles great?

Jksconny

Reaction score
Would it hesitate hard like that if I was a tooth seeing how it idles great?
Well, with Schurkey on this one, fuel is good, you say sensors good, no vacuum leaks, etc so leaning towards ignition. Proper dist. installation, not 2 or 3 teeth off, no cracked porcelains on plugs, wires not shorting though jackets or boots, the fact that ignition and pick up coils can't be ohms tested and determined good.
Some new replacement stuff only last 2 or so years etc. As per Schurkey, is the advance coming in?.
I got it! Thanks to you guys I was a tooth off going clockwise. I was so deep into it that with the distributor being (nos) I wasn’t even lookin at the fact that I dropped it in wrong. Big difference, thanks again you guys for getting me out of the clouds!

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would suggest you get an rpm meter and reset timing agian, now you have it worked out.
Really great to here you figured it out.

The frustration aside, you now know your ignition system top to bottom.

You gotta love it when it all works out and runs correctly!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
engine is timed at 0 spec.
I got it! Thanks to you guys I was a tooth off going clockwise. I was so deep into it that with the distributor being (nos) I wasn’t even lookin at the fact that I dropped it in wrong. Big difference
I don't understand.

If the ignition timing was right at "0" "before", and it's still timed at "0" now, being off a tooth makes no difference except in the position of the distributor body.

Shouldn't change how the engine runs at all.

Russ B

Reaction score
Any chance your distributor might be acting up. Did not see if you worked on that. These wear and main fix is just to replace.

Jksconny

Reaction score
I don't understand.

If the ignition timing was right at "0" "before", and it's still timed at "0" now, being off a tooth makes no difference except in the position of the distributor body.

Shouldn't change how the engine runs at all.
It didn’t change anything. A day later it started doing the same ****.

Jksconny

Reaction score
Any chance your distributor might be acting up. Did not see if you worked on that. These wear and main fix is just to replace.
All the components are good after checking for 100 times. I did not change anything, started acting up again a day later.

Jksconny

Reaction score
Would suggest you get an rpm meter and reset timing agian, now you have it worked out.
Really great to here you figured it out.

The frustration aside, you now know your ignition system top to bottom.

You gotta love it when it all works out and runs correctly!
It actually started acting up a day later. I got excited for a win …….. again same stuff. But I have a solution that I will ask about on the body page. Damn I wish I didn’t love these trucks so much