Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Carlos still open all the packages and check for damage before sending them on to the customers? I just see that one box in the middle with a damaged edge.

Yes, every one, upon receipt. That box you mentioned caught my eye too :oops:

Carlos recently asked the supplier to pack the headlights with additional bubble wrap. I noticed the extra bubble wrap in this picture from Wednesday's shipment (attached).

ODDLY, Arteb doesn't package their product very well. One might think there would be form-fitting material (styro, whatever) ensconcing the headlight in its box, and that's a nice thought but "No", they more-or-less toss the entire headlight-mounted-to-its-bracket assembly in box and ship :think: If a sharp blow is delivered to the box and transfers to the headlight bracket, it can crack a mounting boss on the headlight; that's why Carlos checks the mounting bosses and, when Carlos ships, he separates the bracket from the headlight and packages them individually (see https://www.gmt400.com/threads/acquiring-arteb-brazil-gmt400-headlight-reflectors.44133/post-1264467).

Another oddity is that every supplier we've used has opened the packages themselves before shipping them; this can be seen in some of the pictures I've posted (both recently and in prior years). I assume they're checking the contents to make sure the proper item is within and in good condition. Indeed, if you look at the picture I posted above (post #68) you'll find a sticker on the headlight lens, evidently applied by the supplier, which translated reads "Checked - Warranty Seal"... so the supplier has ostensibly given the product a QC check.

Yet another oddity is that the shippers evidently check the contents themselves, to some extent. Notice the pictures I've posted earlier (reference #65 and #79); those were taken by the shipper who received the product from the supplier. Said shipper then sent the pictures to Carlos prior to transporting the shipment to Carlos / Jacobina.

So now reflect on the mysterious "fifth pair" I previously mentioned from the supplier's first shipment (see #77), the pair that we've held "on the shelf"; Carlos spotted a hairline crack on a mounting boss on one headlight of the pair, which precipitated a dialog with the supplier. The matter's since resolved, they agreed to (a) replace the headlight and (b) improve the packaging / add more bubble wrap (as I mentioned above).

Attachments

• IMG-20240131-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20240131-WA0010.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carlos is going the extra mile making sure every headlight is good, even if the box looks good, before shipping.

He tries, and honestly it's something that's been learned over time with help from some understanding customers we've had who were resourceful (as most GMT400 members will be) and would work with us. We don't want to send something "broken" to the US because once it's there, it's there.

On a different note, the shipment sent last Friday was delivered this morning, eight days after being posted. That's pretty quick :waytogo:

Last edited:

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
All,

If some of you have anxiety about aquiring these headlights (due to fears in international shipping from Brazil, or sending money to someone on the internet you have not met or know, and feel that you might get ripped off), please feel comfortable in knowing that your fears will be alleviated.

I took the plunge and received one of the first orders. Took 8 days as K1500_Sub has said.

I want to thank 1998_K1500_Sub for his role (along with Carlos) in facilitating my purchase. The transaction was easy, the headlights arrived well packed, and I was kept informed with their movement all the way. He have been absolutely fantastic with keeping me informed, anticipating questions, and following up. Smooth sailing in all respects.

So, with that, if you need good illumination from your head lights like I do, then don't balk and just go for it. I can't wait to get these installed.

Attachments

• 20240203_103614.jpg
    20240203_103614.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240203_103656.jpg
    20240203_103656.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240203_103739.jpg
    20240203_103739.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240203_103758.jpg
    20240203_103758.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240203_104015.jpg
    20240203_104015.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 20

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to thank 1998_K1500_Sub for his role (along with Carlos) in facilitating my purchase.

Thank you, Sir. Hopefully, once you've installed them and aimed them you'll be back to post about how amazingly they illuminate the road :biggrin:

Consider the 4-high option. I think the Arteb's low beam / high beam patterns compliment each other such that 4-high would work great. I don't have mine set up that way, but some on GMT400 do.

The ONLY issue with 4-high is heat dissipation ... I would not use 4-high with anything but stock wattage bulbs b/c the housing may not tolerate the temp rise from the extra heat. If anyone wants to try higher-wattage bulbs, Godspeed; things may work out fine but I won't recommend it.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're still waiting for the next shipment of headlights to be delivered to Carlos. It's Carnival in Brazil so that might be a damper.

Shipments to the US are completing, one was delivered yesterday and USPS claims the other will be Friday.

kawamatt2

Reaction score
Another happy customer here. Headlights arrived undamaged and as expected. Will be posting some other functional findings in the Arteb users thread.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, Carlos is still awaiting receipt of the latest shipment of 20 headlights.

It's been Carnival in Brazil for what seems like forever (reportedly it ended yesterday) and most commerce is bottled-up because of it.

Last edited: