Anyone try this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i was just out in the garage putting my new black corner lights in and i was thinking (which can be a bad thing).. i want to put lighted corner lights in the top (beside the head light) in place of the reflector.. i know there is some cutting and drilling involved but i know its not impossible.. anyone else try this??? if so can you please post a pic??

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I've heard of it being done, nothing more than drilling a hole in the top "reflectors" and splicing some wires into a new bulb socket IIRC.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Excuse me for being stupid but I was thinking the same thing last night as I was putting my grill back on. Will the bottom lenses not work for the top? Could you just buy 2 sets of the bottoms?

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right,, the holes are spaced apart differently for the lighted ones,, but i dont see why you couldnt make it work... i figured im not the first person to think of it...

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what i mean is (i did this quickly so please dont mind),the measerment between prongs "A" is different from prongs "B",, but that is only drilling/cutting a small amout to make them work...

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just drill a hole and get the dremel out to make a socket, then get OE pigtails and splice them in.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There ya go!
There's a thread here called 'Upper corner mod'.
I'd explain, in detail, but just got back from working on a bud's Hot-Rod. A couple or six ta'killia's, & 'where the hell are my glasses', is not helping me see this keyboard!

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I knew it had been done at some point by someone, just wasn't sure if you could use the bottom one's for the top. Thanks for the link.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There ya go!
There's a thread here called 'Upper headlight mod'.
I'd explain, in detail, but just got back from working on a bud's Hot-Rod. A couple or six ta'killia's, & 'where the hell are my glasses', is not helping me see this keyboard!

That look's good!