Anyone try this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome.. im doing this... thank you so much for the link.. now on to ordering another set of corner lights.. lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For some reason, when I checked back with this thread, the pic I posted is not showing up for me. Don't know if you guys can see it, so excuse the redundancy if you can.

You must be registered for see images attach

When I replaced the originals ambers with the clear, I just took a hole saw to the back of the originals & cut out the 194 socket mounts. Then I had to use a dremel to make those fit around the posts on the new uppers. Made sure that all was square, epoxied the sockets to the backs of the new uppers, & drilled a hole in the center of the sockets just big enough for the bulb. Hooked up the pig talis from the bulbs to the original lowers. I also had to cut a larger hole in the grill behind the uppers in order for the pig tails to clear it. Spent about 1.5 hours to do this.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I would have liked to use the white LED's, but the boys in blue around here have been clamping down on mods like that. They're going by the book. Headlights can't be any color other than white, front markers & turn signals, amber, & tails & rear markers, red. NO exceptions. Guys with blue or white markers in the front are getting put on a hook! The guys with 8500k (+) headlights, unless factory equiped, are getting taken off the road too. Burnt out bulbs are worth an $85.00 ticket, each bulb! I had to explain that it was a 'safety feature', to the last inspector that looked at my truck. He let it go only because the lights were amber.
I can see what their point is, with some of the ricers running around lit up like a Christmas tree, but, damn, their discrimatory reasoning is getting out of hand!

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I would have liked to use the white LED's, but the boys in blue around here have been clamping down on mods like that. They're going by the book. Headlights can't be any color other than white, front markers & turn signals, amber, & tails & rear markers, red. NO exceptions. Guys with blue or white markers in the front are getting put on a hook! The guys with 8500k (+) headlights, unless factory equiped, are getting taken off the road too. Burnt out bulbs are worth an $85.00 ticket, each bulb! I had to explain that it was a 'safety feature', to the last inspector that looked at my truck. He let it go only because the lights were amber.
I can see what their point is, with some of the ricers running around lit up like a Christmas tree, but, damn, their discrimatory reasoning is getting out of hand!
I'm thankful I live in little butte MT... Only time you'll get pulled over here is if your driving like a total *******.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
We've got a couple of cops around here that have a thing against modified vehicles. One hates the ricers, & the other has a thing against Hot Rods & lowered trucks. I've had 'em harrass me for headlight height, ground clearance, (like under the truck with a tape measure!), light mods, & noise levels.
What really makes me laugh is that both of these guys are mechanically retarded know-nothings. But they have the rule book memorized! And they've got the gun & the badge! I've learned to be polite, especially after one of them gave me a ticket for blue-dots on my El Camino & I got cranky, so he wrote me out two tickets. One for EACH blue-dot. Now I just make sure everything is working & keep my mouth shut when they come down on my trucks.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm glad they have nothing against lights here. I would be screwed, do they catch you for having aftermarket LEDs as well? I've heard that in some places, you will get pulled over for having lights that didn't come from the factory in your vehicle.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
they really dont care for hids or leds u can have the really bright blue and even bright light a cop they dont care as long as u dont have flashing lights or red or blue the dont care. theres a ricer running aurond here with red marker lights and hasnt ever been pulled over and he drives retarded. now i have got pulled over for my radio it was a pioneer 4200ub and the face had blue lights on it and the flash, the reflection off my tint caught the cops eye and he pulled me over te minutes later no ticket and i got to keep my radio