Anyone ever seen these before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've never come across this center consol replacement seat or these door panel speaker add-ons. Yes they are in shabby shape. The speaker housing is plastic wrapped in blue vinyl which needs redone and the seat looks like oem fabric. Let me know, I'm curious if anyone has seen these or has them. Soon as the weather breaks there getting re-wrapped.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
Well, maybe someone can rotate those photos for me, my apologies guys.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I have never seen that jump seat / console before or those speaker pods.

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
I've done quiet a bit of searching for both items and have never been able to find anything. My only thought is it was an aftermarket item purchased in 1992 era that hasn't been made in 20 years? I think it's a much better center consol than the factory one!

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I have seen one seat console like that in the junkyard but not the speaker pods

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have never seen them before either, the door panels look Eh. but I do like the center jump seat.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Skee has that same console. Never seen the door panels but yuck haha

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No idea about the console, but those "speaker pods" in the doors are almost certainly custom work. If you look closely the drivers in the doors are slightly different size, and there's a tweeter up top. Looks like someone did some custom fabbing for a 3-way component system. Not the prettiest, but it probably sounded pretty nice when it worked provided they knew how to install and tune everything properly.

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
The speaker pods in the door are actually purchased units. It's all custom molded plastic. It originally had. 4" and 5.25" speaker installed. I replaced with the kicker 5.25" speakers for both. The tweeters in the door were added in. There is two more tweeters in the dash as well as the four factory 4x6 speakers and there is also two 12" subwoofers behind the seats. Controlling it all is two 900 watt amplifiers one for the woofers one for the midrange speakers. They all pass through two cross overs to control outputs and the through distribution and mixing blocks. It's been in the truck for over 15 sounds great with all new speakers again!