Switching from Captains chairs to bench with armrest in 96 burb ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello friends. I bought the 96 Burb yesterday and I love it!! I’ve wanted one since about 1995 and finally decided to make it happen. The leather captains seats are torn and I’d like to just remove them, remove the center console and replace with a bench seat 60/40 style that has the folding arm rest. Any ideas on how to accomplish this ? I’ve seen photos of a leather 60/40 gmt400 burb front arrangement but never any for sale. I’ve seen 60/40 cloth seats for sale locally and I’m wondering can I buy a front cloth 60/40 seat and then use the leather covers from seat shop ora similar supplier to replace the cloth with leather ? Or do I need to find a specific leather 60/40 setup ? My guess is finding these are hard as they are a minority of burbs. I am curious was the front 60/40 ever offered in leather from the factory in the mid to late 90’s burbs anyway or the ones I have seen photos of a custom deal ? Thanks for any input.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The leather was offered in a bench seat with the folding armrest. Yes you can change the seat covers to whatever you want. You may have to do some minor modifications to the floor but nothing major.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
O
The leather was offered in a bench seat with the folding armrest. Yes you can change the seat covers to whatever you want. You may have to do some minor modifications to the floor but nothing major.
Ok great thanks for the reply, I saw a 2500 burb for sale with the leather bench in a LT, I guess I’m assuming this leather bench was available then on all trim levels. I’ll keep an eye out. Is the 60/40 burb bench arrangement always power seats or is there a mechanical version too ?