Anyone ever seen these before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how do you have the frequency ranges split up between the three door drivers? The tweeter is pretty obvious, but there's a lot of mix and matching going on there. How did you split the frequencies between the two midbass drivers? And why did you change them both to the same size?

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
Everything is zoned pretty simple woofers have left right zone tweeters have left right zone (two on each zone) and the midrange are split left right front back. The two behind your head are the only rear zone speakers split left right. The fronts include both door speakers snd the dash speakers all "piggy backed" off each other. I got a sweet deal on the kicker 5.25" speakers so I bought 4 of them and didn't feel like there would be a noticeable difference bumping the 4" ones up in size. They're all pulling the same signal anyways just lost a small amount of "mid-high" range output... On paper at least, you can't tell in reality

Chevy1500

Reaction score
I have a very similar center console/jump seat in my truck. Mines looks like a newer version - my truck is a 96 so its the newer interior.
My truck was built by Monroe Sport Trucks and that's likely where the upgraded interior came from. The seats are made by Flexsteel. They do seats for RVs and boats mostly.

I can get you pics if you want.

KG

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everything is zoned pretty simple woofers have left right zone tweeters have left right zone (two on each zone) and the midrange are split left right front back. The two behind your head are the only rear zone speakers split left right. The fronts include both door speakers snd the dash speakers all "piggy backed" off each other. I got a sweet deal on the kicker 5.25" speakers so I bought 4 of them and didn't feel like there would be a noticeable difference bumping the 4" ones up in size. They're all pulling the same signal anyways just lost a small amount of "mid-high" range output... On paper at least, you can't tell in reality

Thanks for the reply, I was really more curious about specific frequency ranges on those door speakers, though. Do you have any actual figures in Hz? The reason I ask is that those three way component systems are designed to split a specific range to each driver to minimize distortion and other undesirable effects, hence the different sized drivers. You said everything is run through crossovers, is it a passive or active setup?

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
I don't want to sound dumb but I'm not exactly sure! Haha I didn't install the system just purchased the truck. Here is what it has. Disregard the messy wiring its a work in process the previous owner was a real winner...
You must be registered for see images attach

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
Once again I don't know why my iPhone rotates those photos 90 degrees. But the two crossovers are wired together and then the clear thing I don't know what it is but there's two of them and they feed all my speakers. Oh and 2 amps under the seats

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, no offense but that is a big ol' jumble of mix and match hardware. Looks like a mixture of passive and active systems. No idea why the black AudioControl box is in there, I'm guessing it's something along the lines of an Epicenter box which I never saw the point of. Kind of answered my question about the door speakers though as I'm assuming that those old passive MB Quart crossovers are for the door speakers. (Assuming this because that's the brand on the tweeters.) Probably still works fine, but those definitely aren't going to be working to their full potential now that the drivers are improperly sized. Passive crossovers are great when you use them for what they're designed for, my red truck is a mostly passive system. However, there's no adjusting them to work with anything else. Also if there's more speakers in different sizes then I have no idea how you're splitting the frequencies up properly unless they all have their own passive crossovers as well. (I'm assuming the white AudioControl active crossover is hooked to the sub amp but I could be totally wrong on this.) Regardless, thanks for posting. I'm always interested in checking out other people's audio setups!