Anyone else keep snapping CV shafts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I don't understand how some people break so much. My 98 was running full crank with 35 inch mud grapplers never broke a shaft and I wheeled that thing hard. My 05 has over 50k miles on it with full crank and 35s and still not a single thing but a hub going bad on me.

I don't think your idea of flipping bars to get your front end higher up is such a good one if you can't keep parts at your current height.

Everything is fine except for the CV shafts. i guess it comes with age. 20 year old moving parts,,, they gotta break sometime,.
Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay...............

amen:head3:

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I've blown both hubs, a tie rod snapped and one CV since the RCX lift

Sent from my The Mud Hole I'm Stuck In

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I've blown both hubs, a tie rod snapped and one CV since the RCX lift

Sent from my The Mud Hole I'm Stuck In

only issues ive EVER had with the front end is the cv's. balljoints too but nothing that is serious. did you snap the tie rod while driving?!

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is cranked pretty high and I used to wheel my truck pretty hard. I never broke a cv shaft except for once when I broke a shaft and two outer tie rods at the same time but thats because i was being dumb and had a heavy right foot. Since then I have only replaced one cv shaft just because it had torn boots. As far as front end components and alignment I haven't had any irregular issues in over 5 years besides normal wear and tear.