Anyone else keep snapping CV shafts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
It seems like almost everytime i take my truck out and play, i snap a cv shaft.

Im running 35's with a 6'' rcx and very little crank and they snap easily.

I notice they start to sound bad after a sharp turn, mainly in 4wd. Almost like they bind and snap. anyone else have this issue? :nono: this is my second cv shaft snap in less than a few months

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Time for sas :deal:

You can DOOOOOOOOEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!

I honestly considered it before i bought my RCX. Maybe later in the future. But i dont see my truck staying my DD for too long before i keep it as a toy and get a duramax. So im trying to skim how much money i put into it. I would LOVE a sas. especially so i dont have to go to the alignment shop so often :nono:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
What brand cv's did you buy? I've only broken one cv and that was because my Boggers caught a root.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's a half ton for ya, if your going to beat on it get a hd3/4 or ton. not that they still wont break, just less frequently, ifs is crap for strength, I cant wait to get my d60 low lift in. over the years Ive spent twice as much as it will cost on ifs parts. gms worst decision when going to the 400 platform, atleast on the hd trucks.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
What brand cv's did you buy? I've only broken one cv and that was because my Boggers caught a root.
the shafts i break are from the factory, i replace them with OEM shafts. They just snap out of the blue for no reason. its when i cut the tires sharp they seem to snap or bind and snap... its strange
that's a half ton for ya, if your going to beat on it get a hd3/4 or ton. not that they still wont break, just less frequently, ifs is crap for strength, I cant wait to get my d60 low lift in. over the years Ive spent twice as much as it will cost on ifs parts. gms worst decision when going to the 400 platform, atleast on the hd trucks.

i know. gm did a horrible job on this platform of trucks. they need a solid axle in the front, not this bs excuse of an IFS

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
the shafts i break are from the factory, i replace them with OEM shafts. They just snap out of the blue for no reason. its when i cut the tires sharp they seem to snap or bind and snap... its strange

i know. gm did a horrible job on this platform of trucks. they need a solid axle in the front, not this bs excuse of an IFS

Amen!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I don't understand how some people break so much. My 98 was running full crank with 35 inch mud grapplers never broke a shaft and I wheeled that thing hard. My 05 has over 50k miles on it with full crank and 35s and still not a single thing but a hub going bad on me.

I don't think your idea of flipping bars to get your front end higher up is such a good one if you can't keep parts at your current height.