Anyone boxed their frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yet another mod I'll probably never get to, I'd like to see how this has been handled i.e. thickness of metal used and the moving of the fuel lines. I figure even if I just did the center and the very front part of what goes under the bed, the difference should be noticeable. Then again, there's only 6 bolts holding that bed on. . .

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. I wish he'd go back to that thread, I'm wondering how he dealt with all those cross members.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it. Ussed 3/16 and moved all my fuel and brake lines outside the new boxed in steel. I also plated the whole bottom with 3/16 after that. I then fabbed up new crossmembers and mounted them on poly bushings. Used Dom tube for the crossmembers.

You must be registered for see images attach

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well when I did that I also 4 linked it, cut the frame off from the cab back, and back halfed it with tube changed tire size, tranny, doubler tcase, and lost almost 1000lbs in weight. So I cant tell what doing that changed. I lot changed the same time lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There was a former member here, Stroker52, that boxed his frame from the rear cab mounts back to just past the rear shackle hanger.
Lowered 5/7 SCSB, 6.0/4L80e. ZO6 cam + a few other goodies to keep up with that cam.
Said it changed the feel of the truck as far as being able to handle power, along with the feeling of being more solid in the corners. Although, he had also totally changed the rear shock layout @ the same time, so that probably improved the tractibility of the truck, handling-wise.
I don't know how much of his stuff is still left here, on the forum. I know a lot of the pix are gone.
You still might be able to get the gist from his text.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I boxed my entire frame, it stiffened it up 10 fold, I also built new tubular crossmembers, except for trans.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've done it with my truck but the project isn't finished yet.