Anyone boxed their frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All the joints are nice and tight. I did just get some poly body mounts donated, all but the rears which I plan to replace with the newer hydraulic mounts. Thinking of adding another mount myself to hold the cab more rigidly to the frame, that 3rd door makes for some racket.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
replace your tired rubber body mounts with poly mounts and that will make a world of difference

I did the full poly body & suspension kit in my '98.
The upper & lower control arms were a bit of a bear to install, but the results were well worth the effort. When tossing it into corners, the poly parts eliminated that momentary delay to my input as everything that was rubber got compressed. The truck rides somewhat stiffer, but I actually prefer that. Some don't or won't.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right draggin. I did it because I slam pound jump and beat my truck against rocks. It would have folded like a pretzel by now. I run an underdrive box triple stick transfer case that equates to approximately 1200ft lbs of torque.

For a normal use DD or even light wheeling rig I wouldn't even think of boxing the frame.