Anybody using these headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used them on my 93 C3500 dually with 5.7. The quality was pretty good and they fit well. I had some slight rubbing on the firewall seam, but i'm not sure if even had the right motor mounts in my truck. The truck is gone now, and I only have one pic of the right side header, mid build.

You must be registered for see images attach

Turbojunky

Reaction score
I used them on my 93 C3500 dually with 5.7. The quality was pretty good and they fit well. I had some slight rubbing on the firewall seam, but i'm not sure if even had the right motor mounts in my truck. The truck is gone now, and I only have one pic of the right side header, mid build.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks! What part of the header was rubbing the firewall seem? How different would the installation be on a 1999 Tahoe?

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! What part of the header was rubbing the firewall seem? How different would the installation be on a 1999 Tahoe?
just the very back by the collector... and honestly i think that was my fault.

for the price you really cant go wrong at all, they are stainless steel, they were solidly welded and the mating surfaces were flat, plus all the hardware was included.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem with those is the 3 bolt flat flange. It requires a pipe bender and welding to connect with a custom front pipe.

There are shorties that have a bell shaped end. It simulates and eliminates the gasket and spring bolts with a solid bell shape. And it connects to the OE, or an aftermarket head pipe.

For my '95 c2500, I just got a set of stainless shorties that included mounting hardware, etc. from good Ole Ebay for about $100. And a JBA stainless 3" y-pipe from Jegs. And I installed it in my driveway. Only had to modify the P/S bracket at cyl #1.

Last edited:

Turbojunky

Reaction score
But wimpy 1.5" primaries. . .
Are there many other headers with larger primaries? The only ones I found were the JBA full length which had 1.625" primaries going into a 2.5" collector.
The problem with those is the 3 bolt flat flange. It requires a pipe bender and welding to connect with a custom front pipe.

There are shorties that have a bell shaped end. It simulates and eliminates the gasket and spring bolts with a solid bell shape. And it connects to the OE, or an aftermarket head pipe.

For my '95 c2500, I just got a set of stainless shorties that included mounting hardware, etc. from good Ole Ebay for about $100. And a JBA stainless 3" y-pipe from Jegs. And I installed it in my driveway. Only had to modify the P/S bracket at cyl #1.
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to be cutting off the flanges and welding vbands on before building a custom exhaust so I should have plenty of clearance.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
Unless your engine is highly modified, headers is for looks ( sound near engine) only.....

If your engine is near stock, don't waste your time or money. ( Doug Thorley said this )

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless your engine is highly modified, headers is for looks ( sound near engine) only.....

If your engine is near stock, don't waste your time or money. ( Doug Thorley said this )

this statement correct unless your trucks exhaust is completely missing and dont want to source a new y-pipe... then these headers make fabbing up a quick exhaust nice and easy.