Anybody see this before??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
So this axle has lived a hard life and been asked to do things no 1/2 ton axle should ever have nightmares about doing. But I have never seen an axle 'clock' on one side like this!! The other side is fine, it's the last picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good Lord! How many freaking leafs are on that leaf pack? Is that like a 1 ton pack on a 1/2 ton axle?

Yeah, either the brackets and/or the u bolts have failed. Where you driving around like that?
10 COUNT EM 10 FKIN LEAFS LOL THATS GOTTA BE A RECORD.

My 98 Half ton has 5, the most leafs a half ton should have (I think?). 14-Bolt 6-lug SF rear end.
Looks like someone basically stacked 2 springs onto each side lmfao.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
10 COUNT EM 10 FKIN LEAFS LOL THATS GOTTA BE A RECORD.

I stopped counting at 9, LOL! And they ALL are engaged! Unlike the overload type that some only engage when you load them...

As rusty as that thing looks I bet it acted like a SINGLE giant leaf spring. I wonder how it rode?

The U bolts are still long enough to add more leafs, LOL. "Add-a-leaf!" FTW.

Last edited:

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea new u bolts and bottom plate.

Thats a lot my CCLB SRW is only 5 leafs with a overload

I bet its stiff enough that on a rough road the rear half of the truck tries to bounce around and meet the front.

Anybody with a plain 1/2 ton short bed with no load in bed knows what I'm talking about lol