Any suggestions for this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Chevy pickup- most of the truck looks something like this (see below). Outside of a new paint job are there any suggestions for getting rid of these scratches? Also, I'm an idiot and listened to another idiot at O'Reilly's and polished my ENTIRE truck and now instead of black, half of it is charcoal. Are there any suggestions for that? I've tried a few things but nothing lasts past a few days and then its back to charcoal. I don't have the money for a paint job now, and I'd like to stretch this one as far as I can.

You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
hard to tell from one small pic, but that looks like a "need to repaint" job....that's some serious looking paint damage/scratches.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like it got washed with a wire brush, can you feel those scratches with a fingernail?

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I can't feel them. I bought the truck this way, but I got a good deal on it. I bought the Adam's Polish kit, but haven't had a chance to do it yet because of the cold. Its gonna snow again this weekend.:mad:

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A suggestion from the "used car sales files". Black magic tire wet. Spray it on and while it's wet gently polish it in by hand. Ghetto? Yes! It will look presentable though.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using a normal brush on dark vehicles will do that.
If you can check out Car Brite "Sleek" it'll help some.
Again DON'T use a brush on black or dark rides.

Sent from the Z71

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Personally, I would do some serious research into cutting, buffing, and polishing.

Some Meguiar's M1000 along with a DeWalt DWP849X would be about the most you could do short of a full repaint. You MIGHT be able to have them lightly sand it and just spray with clear, it just depends on how deep the scratches go. Also, with a polisher, they have these waffle foam pads now that trap less heat and are less likely to burn through paint.

Just my thoughts.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do wet sanding if you go that route! And def check out that sleek!

Sent from the Z71

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Usually if you can get your fingernail in the scratch it wont come out, but i would buff the crap out of that with some compound!

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent the money on the Adams paint correcting polish and finishing polish. I read from someone else on here about them and looked at some of their results and they are amazing. If I can get results half as good as I've seen I'll be very happy. Just waiting on warmer weather...

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk