Any screws, inserts, hardware I should get before grille/light replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The holes in my aftermarket grille are slightly over sized, so the inserts wouldn't clip in. I took up the slack with some electrical tape over the hole, then cut an X in it, so it would wrap all 4 sides. That was enough for the inserts to stay in, and function as they should.
Yeah, I forgot about that, my replacement grille was too thick, I had to take a die grinder and thin out that area until they would snap in place.

Barry769

Reaction score
They're not giving any hints what it actually is with that drawing, either. I'll have to crawl up into the attic and pull the grill down, and see what may be there already. I see lots of options on Rockauto in the Universal Parts section.
I bought mine off of Amazon I bought a giant bag of them for like 7 bucks. LMC Carries the nylon inserts but they are so slow on shipping. So Amazon Ship them to me the next day.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
347347 is the GM part number for the nylon inserts. I just ordered 25 of a compatible part through ebay. I'm not sure what I'll do for the screws. I guess I could pull a few of the ones currently on the truck and see what kind of shape they're in.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've gotten all my ordered parts delivered now.... headlights, reflectors, corner lights, turn signals, and the nylon push nuts. I kinda wish I had thought about the nuts that hold the corner lights and reflectors in place. I may still see if I can get those locally.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've gotten all my ordered parts delivered now.... headlights, reflectors, corner lights, turn signals, and the nylon push nuts. I kinda wish I had thought about the nuts that hold the corner lights and reflectors in place. I may still see if I can get those locally.

I would just re-use yours if you can. I bought a set of new ones from LMC years ago when I did the lights on my red truck and they didn't grab the plastic studs on the corner lights nearly as well as the factory ones.