Any master cylinder reservoir upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Are there any ways to get rid of this ridiculous snap-on reservoir cover? Man I hate these things. Why the hell couldn't they just do a twist-on like every other manufacturer on the planet?

I've read about where guys have swapped in the GMT800 master cylinder into a GMT400 for various reasons, and I'm not interested in doing even though you get a nice screw-on cap. Those mc's are made for 4 wheel disc, not rear drums.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL!

For me the screw top would be the bigger pain in the ass as I like to pull the cap and stick my finger in it and taste test for H2O content at least once a week. If I'm checking fluid level I just wipe the damn dirt off the reservoir.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't like the snap lids either. It would be so much easier to build a pressure bleeder if it were a round screw on cap. The one benefit of the snap on cap is that the whole top of the reservoir is open, when it's removed, so I can wipe out dirt once in a while.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't like the snap lids either. It would be so much easier to build a pressure bleeder if it were a round screw on cap. The one benefit of the snap on cap is that the whole top of the reservoir is open, when it's removed, so I can wipe out dirt once in a while.

Not only that, you can get the whole thing emptied out and wiped clean. Still an asspain to pressure bleed though with the adapter, chains, and wing it's but I like my MCs matched to my truck. The HD 400 MC gives up nothing to the 800 MC.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not only that, you can get the whole thing emptied out and wiped clean.

o_O That's what I just said :crazy: I am amazed at how fast it gets dirty again, Though.

Still an asspain to pressure bleed though with the adapter, chains, and wing it's but I like my MCs matched to my truck. The HD 400 MC gives up nothing to the 800 MC.

I don't want a GMT-800 master cylinder, I just want a screw on cap for my 400..... I wonder if the reservoir would swap.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
o_O That's what I just said :crazy: I am amazed at how fast it gets dirty again, Though.

I don't want a GMT-800 master cylinder, I just want a screw on cap for my 400..... I wonder if the reservoir would swap.

I try to purge mine once a year on the trucks and yes, I do regularly fail at reading comprehension.