Alignment specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fought and fought , and fought with my alignment and I have had a GMT 400 since 1999. I will tell you that, these trucks like negative camber. Your camber is set to positive camber. The GM specs for these trucks is 0.5 positive camber, plus or minus 0.5. So from 1.0 to 0.0 is within spec. but IMO I think GM meant to put a - in front of the 0.5. So it would be -0.5 (If you can get some one to set your camber at that) because that is not in spec Just keep a close eye on your tire ware. Just Watch to see if your outer edge starts wearing. I had bad upper control arm bushings that were the rubber was splitting, but not real bad. I was getting a lot of ware on the drivers side tire, on the otter edge. We had a guy come by our machine shop a few weeks ago who works for a local tire shop. I said look at my truck, He looked and said I had to much positive camber, so I took it to him that Saturday. He found the bad bushings, replaced them and did an alignment. He did not give me a print out, but the tires look straight, and I am no longer eating up the out side edge of my drivers tire.

Last edited:

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I fought and fought , and fought with my alignment and I have had a GMT 400 since 1999. I will tell you that, these trucks like negative camber. Your camber is set to positive camber. The GM specs for these trucks is 0.5 positive camber, plus or minus 0.5. So from 1.0 to 0.0 is within spec. but IMO I think GM meant to put a - in front of the 0.5. So it would be -0.5 (If you can get some one to set your camber at that) because that is not in spec Just keep a close ye on your tire ware. Just Watch to see if your outer edge starts wearing. I had bad upper control arm bushings that were bad, but not real bad. I was getting a lot of ware on the drivers side tire, on the otter edge. We had a guy come by our machine shop a few weeks ago who works for a local tire shop. I said look at my truck, He looked and said I had to much positive camber, so I took it to him that Saturday. He found the bad bushings, replaced them and did an alignment. He did not give me a print out, but the tires look straight, and I am no longer eating up the out side edge of my drivers tire.
Exactly the input I was looking for. I have some positive camber after alignment. I replaced every front end part so bad parts isn't the problem. Truck drives like a dream after alignment, but I see bad tire wear coming. I'll take it back to the shop and see what they say. Thanks for the input

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep in mind that 0.0 camber is still with in spec. If they don't want to get out of spec, then try to get them to set it to 0.0 at least the tires will be riding straight, and not the with top tilted out.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it. He did my alignment after lift an tires almost 2 years ago and did a great job. Don't think I'll get a hassle

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I set mine at .5-.7 negative and get even tire wear. All I can do for caster is Max out the left side and tweak the right until the truck goes straight. I have around 1/16" of toe in, no idea what that is in degrees.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited: