Air induction; hood scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This rad is OOS at RockAuto but I ordered it for my k2500 7.4 vortec truck and while it "fit" it took some work to secure at bottom mounts and top mounts. At the time is was one of the best deals for an all alum rad. I ordered it about 2 years ago.

Core Height: 30 inches x 19.5 and its a 3 Row

My side tank split, hence the upgrade to all AL.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10331396&jsn=3

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The original radiators were 3-row.

The early copper ones were 3 row, the aluminum should all be 2-row.

I've posted another link that I lost now on other radiator threads that explains it MUCH better than that link but it still gets the point across.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The early copper ones were 3 row, the aluminum should all be 2-row.

I've posted another link that I lost now on other radiator threads that explains it MUCH better than that link but it still gets the point across.

No, the OEM big aluminum radiators were 3 row.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just putting this out there as someone who removed the throttle blade lip on a V6 truck. It sucks. Turned my throttle pedal into an on/off switch. I put a factory blade back on. I've never done it on a V8 truck but I can't imagine how people enjoy it.

And no, I don't suck at modulating throttle (try driving my Monte), I just prefer it to respond in a linear manner.
I've had mine shaved off for almost a year, I enjoy the throttle response now, definitely pepped it up alot, easier to pass someone and if ur pulling a heavy load it's alot smoother in my opinion. Done it for a few ppl and no one has complained about it yet, even my gf says it drives alot better to ,but definitely a preference thing.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've had mine shaved off for almost a year, I enjoy the throttle response now, definitely pepped it up alot, easier to pass someone and if ur pulling a heavy load it's alot smoother in my opinion. Done it for a few ppl and no one has complained about it yet, even my gf says it drives alot better to ,but definitely a preference thing.

My '98 4.3/auto had a throttle blade lip. Removed & noticed some diff when my right foot got heavy. It's just a six! WOT=life! No ill effect when daily driving in traffic.
Went to remove it on my '97 4.3/NV3500 & it didn't have one.
Original owner knew diddly about vehicles. Clueless. He owned a plastic hammer, a multi-bit screwdriver & a pair of slip-joint pliers. I don't think that he removed it!
Up until I bought the truck, every penny ever spent on maintenance was at the dealership the O/P bought the truck from. I can't see them removing it either.