Accessory mounts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda off the wall question. Can i use the vortec style front accessory mounts on passenger side and tbi style on driver side to mount my alternators and the like. I wanna run dual alts and have a free set of vortec style mounts to use.

Quick rundown;

1. Take off ac bracket for tbi and install alternator bracket for vortec. My engine is a 95 tbi 5.7

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pulley sets I've looked at have different fore-and-aft spacing for TBI (truck) versus Vortec.

You must be registered for see images

If that's the case with yours, the belt isn't going to align. If it does align, you'll have some fun finding a belt the proper length.

Where is the tensioner on your proposed system?

I don't want to know why you need two alternators.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tensioner would be on ac bracket from vortec where it is stock. I already added a engine driven compressor so i understand the amount of fun finding belts the right length.

My stereo equipment alone draws over 200 amps. My lighting will be another 20 to 30, then all the stock vehicle stuff. Which i believe to be another 60 to 80 amps.