AAL vs 3/4t Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What gears did you get? Did it have the G80? I think the 14 bolt 6 lug had 3.73s and 4.10s. I'd be happy with 4.10s/G80.

The one that actually made it into the truck has 3.73/G80. The one I got first had 4.10/G80, which is why I told myself "I'll make it work" and didn't check about going 8 to 6 lug before I bought it.

So far I havnt been able to find a 6 lug with 4.10s, I'm sure they are out there but I have yet to see one. Originally I was going to try and find both front and rears with 4.10s and swap them into the truck and call it good, but I was never able to find either one and decided I'd rather have 4.56 or 4.88 anyway.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The one that actually made it into the truck has 3.73/G80. The one I got first had 4.10/G80, which is why I told myself "I'll make it work" and didn't check about going 8 to 6 lug before I bought it.

So far I havnt been able to find a 6 lug with 4.10s, I'm sure they are out there but I have yet to see one. Originally I was going to try and find both front and rears with 4.10s and swap them into the truck and call it good, but I was never able to find either one and decided I'd rather have 4.56 or 4.88 anyway.

I got lucky and found an LD2500 with 4.10s and G80 at the pull and pay eons ago and have been running that since. I turned around and sold my 3.73s and basically got the 4.10 for free. Initially I'd installed an open heavy half ton 3.73.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to go with larger tires down the road? The ones you have on there are not too terribly tall. Are you doing any highway driving?

I'd say keep it 4.10 or 4.56s, unless it's like a strict farm truck with no highway driving? 4.10s are nice because you don't have to spend extra on re-gearing.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to go with larger tires down the road? The ones you have on there are not too terribly tall. Are you doing any highway driving?

I'd say keep it 4.10 or 4.56s, unless it's like a strict farm truck with no highway driving? 4.10s are nice because you don't have to spend extra on re-gearing.

I have an old used set of 37s that are going on it temporarily. I'm going to run those for a while, and then decide if I want to stick with 37s or go down to 35s depending on how they fit. Once I make my decision about the tire size, then I'll re-gear to match.

I have seen other people fit 37s on the same lift as me (Zone 6") and be fine for street driving, but I want to see how they will rub off-road before I commit to spending $$$$ on gears and a brand new set of tires. I know I will have to trim, and I don't mind trimming some, but the real question is where and how much. My area of concern is really in the corner of the front fender near the cab, since you can cut bumper all day long but there is only so much sheet metal you can take off before it looks like a hack job. :superhack:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it turns out the 37s fit pretty well. I definitely need to trim the valence, it rubs if I hit a dip/bump while turning and I'm going to trim the bumper a little too just to be safe. So far all I've done is drive it home from the shop that did the front part of the lift and it went back up on jack stands for more work. :jester: