99 L29 454 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have BB install their best guess tune in the 0411 to get it started and running. Then get the scan cable for a couple of weeks to log data, and send the log files, scan cable, and 0411 back to let them analyze and apply a new tune based on the logs. They are pretty fast turnaround.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you plan to keep the truck, I'd get hp tuners. It will take a while to learn but you will make truck changes as time goes by. It is nice to not have to depend on anybody, especially since they (BB) may change their update policy if they feel like it.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I emailed black bear but haven't heard back yet. I think I will send it to them for a tune, but still end up getting hp eventually too. Thanks guys!

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent the 0411 to black bear on monday with a list of all the fun stuff I have done to the engine. It arrived there today, and they programmed it and it's already back in the mail to me! I really expect there will be bugs to work out on many things, not just the fuel and spark parameters. What other tuning options are there besides HP and EFi live? Is there a good cheap laptop program? Anything that can handle the crank relearn and cam retard?

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I had a tunerpro setup years ago for my obd1 s10 pickup! Can it do the crank relearn and cam retard?