'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Performabuilt transmission came in today! It was very well packaged, so well that it took me almost an hour just to get it out of the box! Included in the package was an auxiliary transmission cooler, sticker, transfer case gasket, and dipstick tube grommet. I'll be dropping the suburban off tomorrow for the transmission swap and should be picking it up sometime next week. I have to say that I'm very excited to get it back on the road!

You must be registered for see images attach

itsko177

Reaction score
Sold the old tows for $30 profit, and ordered the k2xx style mirrors. Finished what i wanted on wiring and im loving them!

Sold the old tows for $30 profit, and ordered the k2xx style mirrors. Finished what i wanted on wiring and im loving them!

Hi, I know this is quite old however could you tell me if your tow mirrors are still available and where you got them?

Thanks,
Kevin

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi, I know this is quite old however could you tell me if your tow mirrors are still available and where you got them?

Thanks,
Kevin
I bought them on ebay when they first came out for around $250. Now they're available under $150 on ebay. Search for 88-98 chevy tow mirrors and theyll come up!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just a cheap hayden trans saver cooler for a vehicle that doesn't have a factory auxiliary cooler. I plan on running a Tru-Cool MB7 in place of my factory cooler and seeing how my temps are.

If I'm bypassing the radiator cooler and only running the auxiliary cooler, all I would have to do is cut my supply line, clamp a hose to it or use a compression fitting with a hose barb on the end, and run it to a hose barb on the inlet of the cooler, right? The factory return line would stay as it is?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be able to use a female flared dealt with a barb on the other end. Why are you deleting?
The installation instructions want you to bypass the radiator trans cooler in the event a cross leak would occur and gunk up your trans with antifreeze. It'll void the warranty if that happens. I figure worst case, I'll upgrade to a tru cool 40k if this one doesn't keep it as cool as I'd like it to. Plus I'm running a cheap $60 radiator too.