'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I wish I had this kind of power in my burb. This would be my cruiser lol.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Holy carp! Yes. That. That is amazing. I was kinda toying with the idea of a 502, and that makes me want it. That would be :boobs:

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
01-02 ws6 is where its at. Would love to find a sunset orange one with t-tops and 6 speed.
My senior year of high school, I worked with a guy at a pizza joint who had a 02 WS-6. Gold, t-tops, 6 speed. Super low miles and freaking mint. Had a full stainless steel magnaflow exhaust with headers. That thing sounded so damn nice. It was also a freaking raw, unrefined brute. I swear, it would snap your head back a little just normal driving. But when you laid into it, it wanted to tear your head off.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my 340lph Quantum fuel pump last night. Install went very smoothly and I decided to pull the brass venturi pump barb out of the delphi pump and installed it in the new pump. It works very well, but it is sucking the bucket dry after WOT for around 7 seconds. I'm not sure if this is because of the venturi pump or what. I may drop the tank again and remove the barb and line for the venturi pump and see how it does.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coming home from work and getting on the entrance ramp to the highway, the engine ran lean, something broke, it died and blew oil everywhere. No visible hole or crack that I can see. Going to run a compression test to find which bank 1 cylinder it is. Gotta do something about the fuel pump before I fix or replace the engine. But for now, I'll work on getting the other Suburban (Stratos) going. It needs a distributor cap and the timing set to run good, then an oil change, and itll be good to go for a while.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coming home from work and getting on the entrance ramp to the highway, the engine ran lean, something broke, it died and blew oil everywhere. No visible hole or crack that I can see. Going to run a compression test to find which bank 1 cylinder it is. Gotta do something about the fuel pump before I fix or replace the engine. But for now, I'll work on getting the other Suburban (Stratos) going. It needs a distributor cap and the timing set to run good, then an oil change, and itll be good to go for a while.

Man that's a shame. Sorry that happened

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strange it let go without boost.
I know, I couldn't imagine the damage there would be if it was boosted. If it's a crack or hole, its behind the divers side dirty dingo engine bracket and I cant see it. I'm hoping and praying it isn't as bad as I think, but my gut feeling is that the block is ruined.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to get the battery last night to install in my other suburban since I havent bought another one yet. Before I pulled it, I unplugged the fuel pump relay and the coil pack harness to see if I could hear anything when it turned over. It didn't budge with the starter so I'm leaning toward a bent rod that almost went through the side of the block. Eventually I'll do a tear down and see what all it needs. I'm hoping to salvage my camshaft, crank, and pistons if I can. I'd like to rebuild another block with gen 4 rods and keep my old pistons and crank if possible. May even do flat top pistons with valve reliefs, we'll see.