98 chevy 1500 engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
well i got a free block witch my buddy said he would give me his new vortec timing chain and cover for it if i hone the cylinders i have the tool it has the 3 rectangle pads. and its a great learning experience

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ok well my engine i went and test drove it the oil pressure gauge bounced like crazy took 4 trys to start and radiator was bone dry he said he doesn't know so i just said no thanks.

well im back at the beginning again if anyone has a engine they know of worth my time im willing to pay the freight or come pick it up like to keep it within 300miles.

now do you fellas think my rod is shot? i believe it is. im just sick of looking around and outrageous prices for these engines like for 200k miles is 800$

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
thats what im going to do i just dont have the money to get rods and pistons i mean i can afford to replace the one rods its $43

stock bore kit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-MK6504-000/KitComboContents/

crank if i need it (reason for new its $150 to take it down .010)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ESP-103523750/

floating style rod if i need it
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ESP-5700BB-1/

timing chain and cover

a rear main seal could someone recommend one?
your crank will be ******, also you cant really just buy one rod, your engine WILL be out of balance.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, reading this thread and seeing it go on and on, it gets to be like a soap opera.

Here is what I would do. Leave the truck parked til YOU decide what it is you want to do. If you dont have the funds, leave it parked til you do. Drawing all these ideas and plans into your head will do nothing but trouble you.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
got me a 350 vortec with 150k miles out of a 2000 or 2001 van for $500.

me and my nefew and his pick up picked the engine up and set it on a stand while my fiancée bolted the engine up.
You must be registered for see images attach

idk what happened my nefew said it was like that when we got ti but i didn't notice it but its where the bell housing would bolt up what do i do about it? i have the piece that broke off. i think he broke it. but ya lol

and some hail we encountered it started falling and then 5 mins later everything was covered