98 chevy 1500 engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Nice engine, honestly, just dont use the hole i guess, the other 5 bolts will hold the engine/trans together fine. i know lots of guys who dont run the top two bolts.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ya its a steal just worried about some things like I'm gonna have to use my valve covers correct? and my pulleys like the crank? because its from a van what all will i have to use? im about to go out and clean it with a regressed and pull intake off and clean and paint it.

and i its 5.7l i know that and i wanted to double check the block number with you guys could u tell me them again. and the heads will say 906 by the fourth stud.

and any tips on painting the block and heads and ect?

edit: he wanted 600 he said u pick it up its 550 and then i mentioned my birthday is Monday the 28 and he said OK 500 lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
ya its a steal just worried about some things like I'm gonna have to use my valve covers correct? and my pulleys like the crank? because its from a van what all will i have to use? im about to go out and clean it with a regressed and pull intake off and clean and paint it.

and i its 5.7l i know that and i wanted to double check the block number with you guys could u tell me them again. and the heads will say 906 by the fourth stud.

and any tips on painting the block and heads and ect?

906 are 350 Vortec Heads, i have the same ones.

Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Black covers everything really well.

Use your valve covers and exhaust manifolds.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
thought so and acutely i got burnt copper engine paint for 1000+temp i think it is and ceramic aluminum for 650+temp

what precautions should i take on painting? whats the big no no's lol

and ill swap the off in a little while. and would u recommend me painting valve covers in the aluminum color as well of just put out the $50 for a chrome pair and a new set of T-bars

and what is the engine block number? so i cant check it im sure its a vortec but i want a 110%

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
thought so and acutely i got burnt copper engine paint for 1000+temp i think it is and ceramic aluminum for 650+temp

what precautions should i take on painting? whats the big no no's lol

and ill swap the off in a little while. and would u recommend me painting valve covers in the aluminum color as well of just put out the $50 for a chrome pair and a new set of T-bars

and what is the engine block number? so i cant check it im sure its a vortec but i want a 110%

look on the back of the block where the broken piece is, it should be stamped 5.7L

copper and aluminum paint is gonna have a hard time covering grime and ****, better get some wire wheels.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
look on the back of the block where the broken piece is, it should be stamped 5.7L

copper and aluminum paint is gonna have a hard time covering grime and ****, better get some wire wheels.

Casting number should be 880 or 638, its also stamped on the side of the block near the freeze plugs.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
and you have a 880 block, i can see it stamped under the front drivers side freeze plug. Its a 350 Vortec.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Also, if it were me, i would invest in a Gasket kit, Oil Pump, Oil Pump Pickup and Timing Chain. Change the Oil Pan gasket, Intake Gasket, Rear Main Seal, Water Pump Gasket, Valve Covers, you could probably leave the head gasket alone.

but i would HIGHLY recommend doing it!. Also, if you want more performance, i would invest in these higher ratio RollerTip Rocker Arms.

http://paceperformance.com/i-625654...2-400-1-6-1-ratio-3-8-stud-self-aligning.html