98 chevy 1500 engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
also, the stock valve covers look great in aluminum paint. Here is mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
u see that is beautiful. im gona degrease it then wire wheel it up and then paint it burnt copper and then paint the intake and valve covers might do some extras like power steering bracket. water pump and such

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
u see that is beautiful. im gona degrease it then wire wheel it up and then paint it burnt copper and then paint the intake and valve covers might do some extras like power steering bracket. water pump and such

I wanted the Black/Aluminum theme, My engine is Low Gloss Black, My Water Pump is Aluminum Paint (Stock Cast Iron Pump) and my valve covers were painted with Chrome paint but it turned aluminum somehow. :lol:

All of it with Dupli-Color Engine Enamel, I wouldnt use ANYTHING else.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
well my summit engine stand front wheels broke the bearings broke on both sides so it sits at an angle but that fine for now they are sending me a new one for wensday and by then have a cherry picker buy during that im gonna put my valve covers on replace oil pump and pan gasket, hopefully timing chain and ect. i'm gonna have to get new plugs. maybe a disturber how to do reinstall the distributer?

and how do u feel about T-bars? i was gonna get some either chrome or sand then down and make them burnt copper

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
hey a question question i got dual exhaust at the moment it has cats witch I'm thinking of removing if i can save up for the senors. but the question is while the engine is out i would like to add a nice set of headers at the moment there is no y pipes or x pipes at the moment what would u recommend for a nice deep throaty sound long or short tubes? since it is a 2wd and lifted clearance isn't a huge issue

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
this engine i got is a 4bolt main now to me a 4 bolt main is the main bearing cap has 4 bolts correct? did i do well for 500 bucks everything looks and seems good so far

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
hey a question question i got dual exhaust at the moment it has cats witch I'm thinking of removing if i can save up for the senors. but the question is while the engine is out i would like to add a nice set of headers at the moment there is no y pipes or x pipes at the moment what would u recommend for a nice deep throaty sound long or short tubes? since it is a 2wd and lifted clearance isn't a huge issue

Headman or Hooker long tubes.