'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Though this Burb has the best paint out of literially every vehicle I've. Ever owned, its shot and needs to be redone.
You must be registered for see images attach

I've done a few cheapo paint jobs in th past, but this truck is a bit too nice for that.

So I am probably going to make a visit to my local Maaco and have them do it.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What color should I paint it though?

I personally like the black, but maybe I should keep the original color.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What color should I paint it though?

I personally like the black, but maybe I should keep the original color.
Me personally, I like the dark blue ( partially because it's not pewter like so many Burbs LOL). But it's your Burb, so it's your choice. Just remember, if you don't like it, that's a big ass truck to repaint!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I like the color you already have it. keeping it oem should keep the price down a bit by not requiring your door openings and under hood to be painted plus they will all match.

I gotta ask. how the hell did you photoshop those so well? theres a guy on here somewhere that wants to see a new duramax front clip on one of these trucks. are you up for the challenge? some people are so damn good at doing that sort of thing and others are far from it. but that comes down to knowing how to manipulate the software. I havent played with photoshop in 15 years.

EDIT... NVM someone did it already...

Al

Last edited:

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta say that red sure tickles my butthole in all the right ways... But then again the dark blue just works, it looks really good and like mentioned above, ya don't have to worry about your underhood and door openings. Maybe stick in a little more flake to it to make it really stand while still keeping it subtle and elegant? That could work really nice

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
you know what, I completely agree with the flakes! yes that's where my vote lies, My grandpa had a square body pickup, dark blue iridescent. that's definitely why I like that color. here is that color & code care of someone on the forum here. photoshop this one up!

A11502D

Al

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you know what, I completely agree with the flakes! yes that's where my vote lies, My grandpa had a square body pickup, dark blue iridescent. that's definitely why I like that color. here is that color & code care of someone on the forum here. photoshop this one up!

A11502D

Al

I really dig the black because of my late grandfather's '89 C1500. It's also why I like the quads and older front end.

I pretty much replicated his truck at one point, but one day I'll probably end up with it, and I'll restore it (its currently just a farm truck).