97 Sierra 2500 5.7 no start all the usual parts replaced - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the ABS bleeding of my '97--which your '92 doesn't need, a Snap-On MT/MTG 2500 will also work just fine, as long as you've got '92+ software.
It has 4 wheel ABS since it's a Blazer, I was under the impression it still needed to be actuated.
One of these days, I'm gonna take photos of a scan tool connected to various vehicles, showing what info and features are available.
I would be very interested in this thread.
When the truck died on me at work a couple months ago it just shut off like turning the key off,just cranked normal no start. After I had it towed home the first thing I did hoping to get lucky was swap the fuel pump relay from my great running but hit in the front parts truck,no luck so I installed a new fuel pump common problem with these trucks again no luck so my buddy stops by and says yank on the wire harness near the gas tank I'm looking at him like he's lost his mind,sure enough he starts tugging on the wires while I cranked the truck over, within seconds it's running, a couple days later I drive it to work and it doesn't start when I'm ready to head home,so I yank on the wire harness and it fires up and runs fine the 10 minute drive to the house that's how we decided to drop the tank and find a bad wire, the missing and hard starting came after the first fix. Thanks I'll keep checking but I really need to get ahold of someone with a scanner since I'm running blind here.
Shotgunning it gets expensive fast. There's a chance you may have missed more damaged wires but you definitely want to go in with more information. You're obd2, there's lots of cheap workable readers out there now. You can usually get by with just a $15 amazon bluetooth reader and the Torque Pro app if money is tight.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has 4 wheel ABS since it's a Blazer, I was under the impression it still needed to be actuated.
Ooops. My mistake. I perpetually think "K" series, it's a stretch for me to remember "C" series, never mind P and R and S and T and V and...
I would be very interested in this thread.
I did that sort of thing for the MTG2500 on another forum; but I'll have to get busy on the Solus Pro.

Post 14 and 15, mostly--but the whole thread is kinda fun.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'd suggest you make sure your getting power to icm and also check the shifter and the netural safety switch

old rusty

Reaction score
I've had several replies to my post, thanks for all the suggestions as we speak the truck is at a shop turns out the distributor drive gear is worn, rebushed the distributor, he's going to put the scanner on to get time cam/crank sensors in sync waiting on a phone call to see if I'm driving it home or not.