97 K2500 454 7.4l Electric Fans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chutchcroft

Reaction score
Oil temps in a BBC measured at the #2 #3 & #4 Main bearing shells with lab grade thermocouple run to upperwards of 400 deg F under hi tow loads. Conv oil breaks down at that temp a Synthetic will last.

I will gladly post up some pics. Just Dumped the SPR 54MM TBI for the Holley Terminator setup.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oil temps in a BBC measured at the #2 #3 & #4 Main bearing shells with lab grade thermocouple run to upperwards of 400 deg F under hi tow loads. Conv oil breaks down at that temp a Synthetic will last.

I will gladly post up some pics. Just Dumped the SPR 54MM TBI for the Holley Terminator setup.

This is data. What RPM was this observed at? I've been toying with the idea of an oil temp gauge for the dually out of unvalidated suspicion that it gets hotter than the small block. Also curious to see a before and after with roller rockers, supposedly they are a significant contributing factor to oil heat. 400 seems excessive even for a synthetic, HTHS is only rated at 150* C.

Last edited:

Chutchcroft

Reaction score
This is data. What RPM was this observed at? I've been toying with the idea of an oil temp gauge for the dually out of unvalidated suspicion that it gets hotter than the small block. Also curious to see a before and after with roller lifters, supposedly they are a significant contributing factor to oil heat. 400 seems excessive even for a synthetic, HTHS is only rated at 150* C.

My 454 is a Lunati Roller Cam and Harland Sharp Roller Rockers.

I don’t have pre-build data for the oil temps.

I can get the rpm data