97 C1500 "Big White"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I just snagged a gauge cluster at the junk yard to do the LED swap and sand the green off the face. I cant decide what color but my cluster is the old style you have more options I think.

I went with Blue for the guages.

I ordered all my LED lights off of sampuppy1, he was pretty knowledgeable in what can be done. maybe hit em up.

Case182

Reaction score
You end up getting the led turn signals installed? I'm curious how they look on and off and how much work there is installing them or if they're just plug and play.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
You end up getting the led turn signals installed? I'm curious how they look on and off and how much work there is installing them or if they're just plug and play.

Not yet, a couple other projects have gotten in the way, a bunk rebuilt 3 valve Ford motor (not my truck) has wasted most of my spare time and my chicks front end on her Honda needs to be rebuilt this weekend. If I'm lucky I'll have time to throw the leds in for the gauge cluster this weekend...

Mine were Just plug and play

im gonna cut into the top corner reflector and make it light up like it should from the factory.

Just a tip, If you ever wanna venture to the Ford side of trucks, I would avoid 04-05 Ford trucks period! Or any ford motor that has Cam Phasers, the worst piles of **** ever engineered, even a professional rebuild shop couldn't get those piles of crap installed right.

Last edited:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got all the parts in I needed/wanted, Minus the heater hoses I Still wanna get. at this point I really wish I had nothing going on or I would dive head first into this, but with college finals my Journeyman Electrician upgrade courses and my commitment to help my buddy pull the motor and trans out of his F150 this weekend, there is no time to get into this little project this week, hopefully next weekend.:burnout:

You must be registered for see images attach

Do you happen to have a link to where you got all this good stuff from? im just itchen to do something to my truck...........

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
The Scorpion Roller rockers I got from Summit.

I got the Fel Pro Gaskets on rock auto, there called problem solvers or something along those lines, way better lower intake manifold gaskets then the stock ones.

depending on when you buy the Delphi Spider Injector its either cheaper on Ebay or Amazon, I believe right now its Ebay.

And the Vmax spacer I got from Autoplicity, they had a sale going on and they had the cheapest price.

Truck runs way better then the almost ten years i've owned it after I threw all this on.....no regrets here!

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
it has been a long time since i updated this, pretty much havent done anything other then change the oil and a battery (3/2015)

I wanted to add a few things, not exciting but wanted to document.

Trucks been a full blown work beast, been Working with a good friend of mine building/wiring restaurants and its been Busy!!

Starter was taking a turn for the worse, so I Ordered a PMGR (permanent magnet gear-reduction) Prostart Starter.

This starter is much lighter and smaller then the one I pulled out... Im not a Starter Junkie, but through my research, The old starter is a Direct-drive, it takes much more Cranking Amps from the battery to start it. PMGR is much more efficient and the smaller size helps for header clearance. on the website it shows a white dude with a lab coat holding the starter to give me the warm fuzzy feeling it might be American made....... its not..

I also swapped out Radios, Ive been enjoying the ease of use and function of Kenwood lately, so I got another one from Crutchfield.com It was only 90$ and it has Bluetooth, USB and AUX functions...

Ive never used a Bluetooth compatible head unit before, but I dont think ill ever go without again. If most of your music is on your phone and if you make a lot of calls in your truck, its nice to have.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Changed out fuel filter in hopes to solve my hard starts when shes been sitting for a while..... no luck, gonna throw on the fuel guage to see whats going on when I find where ever I threw it.

Also Added a train Horn

its a Viking Train horn part# V301k if you search it on amazon, it shows a relay in the picture, it does not come with a relay. also the compressor is not waterproof, instructions say to mount the compressor inside the vehicle but do not exceed the length of the given hose to pump air in the horns, because it will weaken the sound...........screw that!

I coated this thing with liquid tape, which hardens and claims to make a water proof barrier. and for now hook the compressor up to the existing horn wires.

I mounted the horns behind the front bumper, Bumped it in the driveway a few times, its louder then stock, didnt get a chance to really lay on it because it was late and the neighbors I like were home, when I do, I will get a sound clip...

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Nice! I want some train horns too

the 2 horns with compressor is pretty cheap. :boti:

Finally got these headlights on.....

this is with the parking lights on. the projector output blows and the mounting brackets suck bad, I like the way they look but the functionality of them blow. ill probably order an HID kit just to get the projectors to have descent output..

still working on the side markers mod, I ordered the LEDs tonight.

Last edited: