97 C1500 "Big White"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Finally got all the parts in I needed/wanted, Minus the heater hoses I Still wanna get. at this point I really wish I had nothing going on or I would dive head first into this, but with college finals my Journeyman Electrician upgrade courses and my commitment to help my buddy pull the motor and trans out of his F150 this weekend, there is no time to get into this little project this week, hopefully next weekend.:burnout:

You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Very nice have you made any progress yet?

not yet, I got finals for my classes next week so im studying for that, I got upgrade classes I gotta complete to renew my Journeyman card and I gave my buddy my word I would help him pull the motor and trans out of his F150 this weekend. If all goes well I should be able to knock this out next weekend.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
what are you doing to the engine? I see the parts you got but im just curious.

im swapping out the old CSFI spider injectors for the new MPFI Delphi setup, I gotta take one valve cover off to do the install so I Figured I get some roller rockers and a couple guys here (tscherbi and 98slv) suggest I pick up the 1.6 Scorpion roller rockers, so I grabbed those.

In a previous thread, michael hurd posted a link to a nice article explaining the differences between CSFI and MPFI also shows some install photos, its a pretty quick read...http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/1012or-csfi-to-mpfi-vortec-engine-fueling-fix/

bluex1 turned me on to the Vmax 1" spacer, I also did a bunch of research on the VMAX 1" manifold spacer. Some people say it will Improve power, others say its a waste, One guy on FSC said it was the only thing he swapped out and he went to the track before and after and said he picked up 3/10 of a second, He also claimed a very noticeable improvement in power ( I know there could be alot of variables involved) any ways, I figured what the hell, in my mind with all the spider injectors inside the manifold, a 1" inch spacer for the whole upper manifold is going to increase the cubic area in the plenum by a descent amount giving more air flow. and its cheaper then a marine intake. Which from what I have read, is unnecessary for the modifications I have now or coming up in the near future.

Its all getting installed at once so I guess ill never know where the improvements came from. im good with it.

I also got all the Felpro Gaskets good valve cover gaskets and a good quality lower Intake Manifold gasket that was recommended by skylark in another thread.

After all this, I have been searching craigslist on the daily and other websites for a used or unwanted set of Doug Thorley headers so far no luck, after that I was gonna read up on tunes ive lightly read it takes a little work to get a good tune, after I have some knowledge, get her tuned and then leave the motor alone until she hits 200k.

Meanwhile Looking for headers, I've been in contact with sampuppy1 who is going to help me out and set me up with LED'S for the interior, and Hid's for the headlights.

Also looking for some used 18" Z71 wheels to put on with some new tires, so I got plans coming up for her.

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
sounds like a plan! I am TBI, but I understand what your doing. should have a nice running engine after all that. I use Fel Pro gaskets myself, they have never failed for me. I got the ARP intake manifold bolt kit when I did mine it is nice to replace the old crappy hardware with new.

What year z71 wheels? I like those 5 spoke ltz's or whatever they call them, but they seem pretty pricy because they are popular.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
sounds like a plan! I am TBI, but I understand what your doing. should have a nice running engine after all that. I use Fel Pro gaskets myself, they have never failed for me. I got the ARP intake manifold bolt kit when I did mine it is nice to replace the old crappy hardware with new.

What year z71 wheels? I like those 5 spoke ltz's or whatever they call them, but they seem pretty pricy because they are popular.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score

The Vmax spacer comes with a new set of bolts. probably gonna have to re-use some for the lower intake.

Im with you on replacing old ones.....worst case scenario I gotta wire wheel attached to a drill and I clean each one up as I put them back in.

I like the z71 Rims Incredible Hulk has. Im guessing these are off of 07-13 Z71.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
those are nice. I found some here for $700 on cl

problem I run into is I just want the rims, and they wanna sell them with the tires. If I wait I know I can get a set for $400.00 I got some time til im gonna need some new treads.

Wish I could find a Cowl Hood and some doug thorleys on craigslist. just gotta keep lookin!