96 fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so my fuel pumps whining like crazy and a friend's dad is installing the parts for me but what do i need to order? i found a delphi pump and sender assembly at rockauto for 190 which seems like a good deal but i heard you dont need to replace the sender is this true? and do i need anything else like filters or such? any links to good pumps or prices would be appreciated

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can replace just the pump. i would replace fuel filter at same time

Sent from somewhere in MN

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it help and be worth the extra to get the whole assembly?

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will I néed any new gaskets or a fuel strainer? Sorry for all the questions

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could replace the whole assembly if ya want but it's not needed. I would replace strainer and fuel filter at the same time.

Sent from somewhere in MN

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
If your sending unit housing is rusted, then I'd replace it. but no, you don't have to change it.

The new pump should come with a new o-ring, if not you need that. Replacing the strainer is a good idea, but the fuel filter is a must!

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm ordering the ac delco pump ep381 and then a new strainer and filter and call it a day