95 TBI Turbo Charger!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Throw a carb and supercharger on it and call it a day. Like all the guys said, TBIs don't play nice with forced induction without TONS of tuning, data logging, and a ton of headaches. I helped install a Whipple on a TBI 350 in my buddy's Hummer H1, and we didn't modify anything else. There were two chips burned for it by Brian at TBIChips. The first one didn't have the shift tables for the 4L80E, so it was always in limp mode, and the second one, with the corrected shift tables and a few tweaks it still barely runs.

Personally, I am currently consulting with Mark at gearhead for my Vortec/TBI hybrid chip. Guy seriously knows what he is doing, relatively inexpensive, and is a super nice guy to boot.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Throw a carb and supercharger on it and call it a day. Like all the guys said, TBIs don't play nice with forced induction without TONS of tuning, data logging, and a ton of headaches. I helped install a Whipple on a TBI 350 in my buddy's Hummer H1, and we didn't modify anything else. There were two chips burned for it by Brian at TBIChips. The first one didn't have the shift tables for the 4L80E, so it was always in limp mode, and the second one, with the corrected shift tables and a few tweaks it still barely runs.

Personally, I am currently consulting with Mark at gearhead for my Vortec/TBI hybrid chip. Guy seriously knows what he is doing, relatively inexpensive, and is a super nice guy to boot.

he did mine when i was in a bind, my fuel and spark tables are alot better and its tuns richer so i get better mileage somehow when i beat the snot out of it.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of you want the full potential of a boosted set up I say forget the carb swap, and go to an ls motor. It would be a lot of work, but you can easliy with a few lbs of boost be over 500hp. I don't know much about boosting with a carb, but from all I have read about boosting a ls efi set up (days on the internet looking over builds and trying to understand it, since I want to run a boosted set up in our 2003.) makes power so easily.