Turbo 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So after countless hours of research I’ve finally decided to make my own post on here with a few questions. I have a plan to turbo my 96 gmc c2500 5.7 vortec however I’m having a hard time trying to find a budget friendly fix for fueling. I’ve considered a carb swap but I’d like to keep fuel injection, but with aftermarket kits being $1,000 minimum it’s not very plausible for me to put it on, my 3rd option I’ve considered is replacing the stock spider injectiors with a retrofit MPFI system for about 300-400 and then 0411 swapping it as I have a black box pcm however I’m not sure if the MPFI and tune will be able to put out enough fuel for boosted applications, ideas? Other question is, will a stock 4l60e be able to handle around 400 hp somewhat reliably? Or should I start considering a 4l80 swap?

Edit- I only plan on running 8-10 psi until I build my other block with a forged crank and all

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You say " boosted " , could you be more specific, supercharged, nitrous, turbocharged, centrifugal compressor.
I'm sure others would like specifics rather than generic terminology.