'95-2000 armrest cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danibal

Reaction score
There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Looking closer at those arm rests, here's another way to get the foam onto the frame.
Glue foam to the sides of the arm rest. The foam should be too big around the frame & too thick for what is required.
Cut off the excess along the top to the top of the frame.
Now wrap the foam lengthwise around from the back, along the top, to the front edge & then back to the rear.
It should be sitting on top of the side foam. This'll keep the side foam from being pulled down once the cover's on.
This thing's going to be w-a-y too big for what you need.
Mark the profile (A Sharpie works.) on the sides with your pattern & cut away. Always on the outside of the line.
Do the same for the top profile.
You've probably noticed that the foam isn't the same thickness on the frame consistently. By gluing on a much larger in total block of foam, it can be carved down to the shape that is right.
You can use a razor knife, but it won't be the best results. Really hard to get a nice even final cut.
It can be shaped with a nice sharp butcher knife. The long blade allows for you to see & cut both inner/outer or the top/bottom lines of the pattern. This makes sure that the flat areas are actually flat & square to each other. No hoop-de-doos like a roller coaster.
Best choice is a household electric knife. Spray it with a bit of silicone every now & then so it slices through the foam nice & smooth without hanging up.

I buy my foam from local from my wholesale suppliers or the actual (local) manufacturer, depending on what type of I need.
Best place to buy foam is local to you. For the amount you need, a retail outlet such as 'The Foam Shoppe' should have stock. There's others. A quick check shows that there seems to be quite a few foam sellers in your state.
Re-bond comes in different densities. Tell them you want a firm to extra firm.
1" thick is good. You can glue it together for 2" if you need thicker.

Another idea is a carpet store. Some types of underlay for carpet is actually re-bond foam.
But it's only 1/2" thick. It'll take a few layers of foam to get the it built up to the size you need.
Every lamination is another layer of glue. That messes with the cutting because it will want to gum up the blade as you cut.
But it IS cheap! Lol!
With the amount of supplies and tools this adding up to be, it would probably be cheaper (and a lot easier) to take the cover and frame to a local guy to stuff. I now have an even greater respect for those that can do this.