‘95 Sierra Ext-Cab with 60/40. Additional interior storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘95 has the 60/40 bench. The center arm rest is a solid piece with no storage. Did GM offer a folding center with storage that I could source?

I carry just enough junk with me that the additional armrest storage would make life grand. My previous ‘95 -‘97 - ‘99 trucks all had the buckets with the cavernous center console And they held everything that I could want.

My experience with aftermarket center storage compartments is pretty grim so I’d like to stick with a stock GM “lid” if at all possible.

Thanks.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also… have the aftermarket overhead shelves that mount up to the sun visor area gotten any better over the years? I remember ordering one for my ‘97 about 20 to 25 years ago and the quality was so bad that I sent it back. If they are any better today I’d certainly consider one of those.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My ‘95 has the 60/40 bench. The center arm rest is a solid piece with no storage. Did GM offer a folding center with storage that I could source?

I carry just enough junk with me that the additional armrest storage would make life grand. My previous ‘95 -‘97 - ‘99 trucks all had the buckets with the cavernous center console And they held everything that I could want.

My experience with aftermarket center storage compartments is pretty grim so I’d like to stick with a stock GM “lid” if at all possible.

Thanks.
My '97 has the 60/40 split bench up front, and the center armrest has a console compartment in it. Not huge, but it's big enough for the owners manual and probably 3" deep, 6-8" wide, and a foot long? I can get exact dimensions and a picture later. This is the center seat part with the plastic piece that has the easel for a small notepad. Remember, these trucks were designed before smartphones and tablets were something everyone had....

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '97 has the 60/40 split bench up front, and the center armrest has a console compartment in it. Not huge, but it's big enough for the owners manual and probably 3" deep, 6-8" wide, and a foot long? I can get exact dimensions and a picture later. This is the center seat part with the plastic piece that has the easel for a small notepad. Remember, these trucks were designed before smartphones and tablets were something everyone had....
A photo of the fold-down section would be awesome. I’m not needing to keep a spare mattress in there, but a glovebox full of stuff would be great.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here's 3 pictures, of the various options this style has. This truck is a Silverado, so it has the nice velour upholstery and carpet instead of a rubber mat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_170522514_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230313_170522514_HDR.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230313_170558146_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230313_170558146_HDR.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230313_170512993_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230313_170512993_HDR.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 16

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's 3 pictures, of the various options this style has. This truck is a Silverado, so it has the nice velour upholstery and carpet instead of a rubber mat.
Looks like the same interior I have. Thank you. At least now I know it exists. I’ll be on the hunt…

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The answer is yes and I don’t know what year gm started with them but where I live these parts are disappearing fast. The front seat stuff is all the same for the Tahoe and suburban as is the overhead compartment none of which is available anymore. GM also made visors with hooks and side extensions as my Cheyenne doesn’t have them and the visors flop/slide all over. I bought a dually that has them. This truck was a high optioned truck but has a standard rear leather bench seat???? Doesn’t really make sense for a $40,000 truck in 97 to have that rear seat I don’t know if the dealer screwed up or it was just ordered like that

m1970

Reaction score
Also… have the aftermarket overhead shelves that mount up to the sun visor area gotten any better over the years? I remember ordering one for my ‘97 about 20 to 25 years ago and the quality was so bad that I sent it back. If they are any better today I’d certainly consider one of those.
I put one in my 94 about 8 years ago and really like it. I did have my sun visors cut about an inch shorter in length and width so they would fold up forward and be out of the way. If you don't the drivers side hits your rearview mirror and I didn't want them to fold back.

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Several years ago I was at the pick n pull and I found a mint condition center armrest with storage compartment. I thought that would be great for my 95 GMC with the 60/40 bench seat. I remember that there were a few 10 mm bolts that were seriously lock-tited. I even broke my 10 mm socket trying to take them out. Unfortunately, in the end, I was not able to figure out how to remove the damn armrest and ended up walking away.
If you do go ahead and replace your armrest, I would be interested in knowing how you get the armrest off.