94 temperature gauge issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitha

Reaction score
Ok guys. Put a new different temp sender in and that was the problem. Only thing is it only goes up to the 1/4 mark. I guess its better than reading max hot

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own two of these trucks and have worked on many more. Never seen one that ran much hotter than the 1/4 mark. Usually right at or slightly above. ECM says 190F to 195F coolant temp, so I don't worry about it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Put a new different temp sender in and that was the problem. Only thing is it only goes up to the 1/4 mark. I guess its better than reading max hot
So...how hot does it run according to the ECM? How hot is it according to a thermometer in the radiator fill?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"1/4" mark seems to be "normal" on the Vortec, based on my experience and what I've read here.

OTOH, the TBIs seem to read half mark. My brother's '90 seems that way, sometimes even a bit higher at idle.

Are the senders even the same? Maybe the guages are calibrated differently?