'94 diesel to gas conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montrider46

Reaction score
I know someone has to have done this-remove a 6.5 turbo diesel and replace it with a small or big block . My truck has a 4l80- so I would have to get the computer that would control the trans (a whole harness for the throttle body or the vortec FI) If anyone out there has done this I sure could use some advice before I spend a lot of cash thats in short supply.My truck is a '94 2500 extended cab 4 WD

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any particular reason for this? It might be cheaper to rebuild and bulletproof the diesel.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
And also, in all honesty, these swaps are usually a bit expensive. I'm not sure why on earth you would want to dump a 6.5 for a gasser, but... It's not going to be cheap. Fuel delivery system needs to be changed, I believe there is different motor mounts, it all needs to be computerized depending on TBI or carb, you will have to change the convertor as the stall is different than a gas motor. But as far as cooling, the diesel system is way better than the gas one, You'll have to purge all fuel from the lines. A gallon or so of diesel mixed in with 20 gallons of gas won't hurt anything. I know going from gas to diesel is a ****** conversion, but the other way around isn't that bad. If you want a trade for a 305 or a 327, I'd love to.