93 C1500 Electric Radiator Fan Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, mine stays about 180 with a thermostat. And I have my full shroud on, in that pic I was just installing it.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah 550 for the flex a lite isna lil too much for me, im prolly only gonna keep the v6 for about a year before upgrading to a v8, if i went the jegs way for 360 i could pop that on the new setup im not sure about the flex a lite, they seem top notch though just cant justify spending that much on a damn fan assembly

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably gonna do that, im waiting till tomorrow to see what my mechanic can get and his price, otherwise jegs it is

homermacleod

Reaction score
DRAGGIN95

I have done them several times and was very pleased with the mileage gains that picked up, I have used this fan set up http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/280/10002/-1, and then but whatever replacement rad you want.

What kind of mileage gains did you see? I installed the flex a lite fans last year because people were claiming to get up to a 3mpg increase. I saw no increase in mpg whatsoever. I ran the truck without a fan for a week while I was figuring out how to mount it in my truck and it stayed cool while driving to and from work. Now that the fans are installed, it only turns on when the a/c is running.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
If it only turns when the a/c is on, that means instead of being wired into the temp sensor, it got wired into the a/c power somehow... Not positive how.. But I just ran my power wire into my cab and hooked it to a rocker switch, I flip it on when I get to temp, and flip it off when I jump out.

homermacleod

Reaction score
If it only turns when the a/c is on, that means instead of being wired into the temp sensor, it got wired into the a/c power somehow... Not positive how.. But I just ran my power wire into my cab and hooked it to a rocker switch, I flip it on when I get to temp, and flip it off when I jump out.

It's wired to both and I have a switch to turn it on as well. It just never seems to get hot enough to get triggered by the temp sensor. When it was installed, I let it run for 15 to 20 minutes in the garage before the fans kicked on.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What kind of mileage gains did you see? I installed the flex a lite fans last year because people were claiming to get up to a 3mpg increase. I saw no increase in mpg whatsoever. I ran the truck without a fan for a week while I was figuring out how to mount it in my truck and it stayed cool while driving to and from work. Now that the fans are installed, it only turns on when the a/c is running.

On my 95 I saw a solid 2MPG increase, I was very pleased!

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it necessary to change out my stock radiator to install either a 15 or 16 fan kit?